I'm back in Big D...until next week, anyway. (Le sigh. Haughtons are so busy from April-August!) Back at my second-favorite Starbucks today getting stuff done! It's always bittersweet to leave the fam, but it's always nice to be back in my own space, on my own schedule...which is JAM PACKED today, so....
Let's get to today's moments of beauty, shall we?
- The HBICs of HBIC Nation are pulling together something AMAZING right now. I've been working on the formatting for a downloadable/printable/clickable piece of beauty. If you want to be among The First to see it, make sure you're a citizen of HBIC Nation. This secret little downloadable/printable/clickable piece of beauty will hit your inboxes next week. YAY!
- It was literally FRY-yay today as I splurged on a Whataburger brunch today. (Not one ounce of guilt. I'm having a greek salad for supper.) #ADWOFF
- Speaking of brunch! My childhood BFF is in town for a dealie bopper and just texted to see if I was free for brunch tomorrow! All the exclamation marks!!!!
- If you follow me on Twitter, you know I lament (frequently) that Starbucks music is hit or miss. Today, it's a total hit. I'm relieved I'm the only one at the long table today because I'm currently humming along with Louis Armstrong's "Give Me a Kiss to Build a Dream On."**
5. And I've been waiting for tonight for two years! SOMETHING ROTTEN is touring and the Dallas bestie and I are going to see it. (After a snug dinner en famille with her darling children whom I adore to distraction and might be better entertainment than the touring production. To be determined.)
Katie Dunneback and I saw the original cast* in New York the summer RWA was there. We were crammed up in the nosebleeds, I got a bruise on the outside of my thigh that lasted for over a month, and I loved every minute of it. HOWEVER, I'm excited to see it with the Dallas bestie because she's a fellow theatre nerd and Shakespeare scholar. AND OH MY GRAVY I JUST LOOKED UP THE CAST AND I THINK ADAM PASCAL IS SHAKESPEARE AND I MIGHT CRY. (I warned you about the theatre nerd part.)
*And the next night Brian D'Arcy James was sitting directly in front of me when Lindsay Emory and I were at Taye Diggs' first night as Hedwig.
**See what I did there? This song is on the "Sleepless in Seattle" soundtrack--along with Back in the Saddle.
EDIT: now we've cycled to something that's got a sexy little back beat and I might need to be restrained. <sway, sway, sway> But I just shazammed it and it's telling me it's a Bobby Vee song and lololol no it is not. My mom adores Bobby Vee (and Bobby Vinton too) and I was raised on BV and this is not BV. EDIT: hahahahah omg I'm a moron. I accidentally hit Pandora first and it was playing a BV song. The current, sexy song is "Believe" by Benjamin Booker. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯