I’m on a bus! Not as glam as being on a boat, I know. But it’s still pretty rad. (Especially if you factor in these first-class style seats and no naked-scanners at the airport.)
I’m on my way back to Dallas from a quick trip to Houston to welcome Texas’ newest resident, Miz Shari Slade. She’s got a new apartment (we are hilariously calling “The Lady Pad”) and a new job. I’m so excited for this newest chapter in her life.
So here’s to Friday and all of the beautiful things about it!
1. Vonlane, the bus company, is awesome. If you’re in Dallas, Houston, or Austin and need to make a little jaunt to Houston, Austin, or Dallas, I highly recommend it. (You can pretend you’re on some kind of glamorous international railway instead of a tricked out Greyhound.) I’m getting no kickback from this...just happy to travel in style and comfort without the stress of the airport.
2. Shout out to some awesome foodie scenes in H-town. Between unpacking cars full of boxes and belongings, shelf-papering, and transforming the sweet Lady Pad from bare to beautiful, Shari and I got out for some great grub. Coco Crepes and The Blacksmith are on my list for all return trips.
3. This weekend is the annual Buns and Roses Tea benefiting the Richardson Adult Literacy Center. I love the event because it celebrates Romancelandia and is a great fundraiser for the RALC who does such important work in our community. I’m delighted to sponsor this event and always excited to dress up and have tea with fellow bibliophiles. OH! And if you have new settlement credit at B&N, use code #12168456 until the 27th and you’ll support RALC with your purchase.
4. And speaking of B&N purchases, now would be an awesome time to celebrate Laura von Holt’s debut erotic romance KING OF THE SEA (published under Madame de Boudior pseudonym). If you were always more into King Triton than Prince Eric, you’re going to want to grab this story. Plus, it’s dedicated TO ME.
5. I’ve gotten so many sweet tweets and emails about my Destination, Love series. You guys are making my heart so full. Remember THIS CHRISTMAS is absolutely free. (I know, I know, it’s October, but I’m about to start binge-reading all holiday romance all the time, so I figure you might want to, too.)