If you've been thinking 2017 is a pretty spectacularly crappy year, take heart: it's almost over. Say what? Yep, you read that right. Quarter Four Approacheth.
I did my Q4 re-prioritizing yesterday, and it was just what the doctor ordered. (I shared a little bit about it as part of my #ReadWritePlan post on Instagram.) Especially since I was just coming off some away time in the mountains, it was the perfect time to reflect and reassess.
Last week saw me at the WFWA (Women's Fiction Writers Association) Retreat in Albuquerque, New Mexico, meeting new friends and spending time with old ones. I took a class with Lisa Cron. . . and taught one of my own--though "taught" might not be all that accurate. Mary Chris Escobar and I co-presented a hands-on workshop session on building blogs (hi!) and websites.
The whole week was craft- and life-affirming (I met my mom down in the mountains for a little girls' getaway after WFWA...it was fabulous) and I cannot wait until my ten-year plan is complete and I can have a home in the mountains! (But first, I've got to sell a lot of books--or maybe marry a billionaire.)
So to stay on track with that life-affirming high, here are my #5ForFri. I hope they bring joy to you, too (how could they not since they're all about books?!):
- Julia Kelly's newest historical will be out October 9th and if you haven't preordered it yet, I don't know what you're waiting for. It's stylish and sexy. The Look of Love (The Matchmaker of Edinburgh Series).
- And speaking of sexy, Madame de Boudoir (aka Laura von Holt) is launching the fiction part of her mer-pire (mermaid empire) in October, too. My alter-ego is building out her website and artwork for her covers, so you won't want to miss out on when she unveils them.
- I'm all caught up with Lindsay Emory's WOMEN WITH BOOKS podcast episodes, thanks to a week of road trippin. Super eager for more conversations with my favorite authors and new-to-me authors. Make sure you check it out while you're doing the dishes or strolling 'round the neighborhood to get in your steps.
- Last week while I was in New Mexico for WFWA, I got a bunch of great women's fiction book recs. I'm starting with two STAR AWARD nominees: Barbara Claypole White's ECHOES OF FAMILY and Julie Christine Johnson's IN ANOTHER LIFE. (When I publish my women's fiction novel, I suppose I'll have to add in my middle name, won't I?)
- There's still time to enter to win BOOKS, and a Kindle Fire, and a May Designs gift card in our #ReadWritePlan extravaganza. You didn't even have to post anything to the September Planning Challenge--there are lots of ways to enter. But hurry because it ends soon.