I'm feeling all things fall today--even though it was 100 degrees again in Dallas yesterday (yuck!) after a week of lovely, temperate weather. And though I took August off from official #FiveForFRI posts, I was definitely busy enjoying the small, everyday beauty of life and loved ones.
And speaking of, my list today is full of love...
- I've been taking romance novels, games, coloring books, and puzzles to the Dallas Public Library. (They've been coordinating drop-offs for the mega shelter housing Harvey evacuees.) Our community so amazing, and I thank every single person who sent books or money for wishlist items for me to drop off. Romance offers love and hope, even in the darkest of times. And, as always, I'm so grateful to be a small part of Romancelandia.
- I'm relaunching my stories from the One Week in Love anthologies as standalones in the Destination, Love series, and Julia Kelly/Blake and Alexis Anne are, too. It's been a love fest on Slack and email as we send new covers and excerpts back and forth, remembering how much fun we had writing these together several years ago.
- Y'all, my sweet Dallas friends and I just nailed down the date for our annual Friendsgiving celebration. We've been friends for about a decade now (though it seems inconceivable!) and we always try to get together during the holiday season--no boyfriends (though all are now husbands)--for an evening of merriment. It's possible I did a happy dance in Starbucks when the last RSVP came in.
- And Lindsay Emory and I were able to get together again today for a Ladies Who Lunch--which we should really re-name because it's more of a power-lunch/hashing out plans for glorious world domination than ladies of leisure getting together to gossip.
- Today included ART! I'm a proud member of the Dallas Museum of Art, and I was able to get advance tickets to the new Yayoi Kusama exhibition. It's more of an experience than art exhibition, and if you live in the Dallas area, I highly recommend seeing it!
There's nobody I'd rather be locked in a dark, mirrored room with for forty-five seconds than you, Lindsay. Unless Chris Evans is available. In that case, you're on your own, Linz.