Could also be the new moon tonight and January is almost over (?!) edition.
Like, whoa. February is upon us. How did this happen?
Anyhoodle, I'm loving my new Friday master plan—because it really does feel like a grand architectural choice to take a day to especially enjoy all that surrounds one. I'd love to see you take it and make it your own. Use the hash #5ForFri on Twitter and Insta so I can seeeeeee what you're doing to ignore all the noise and seek beauty this year.
Today's list without further ado:
1. Read this rad article on The Quiet Revolution site and basically fist-pumped my way through it: http://www.quietrev.com/the-science-of-awe-and-why-it-matters-at-work/
2. Spent a delicious afternoon being hygge A. F. reading my RITA books all snuggled up in bed. Polishing off the remnants of the best dang snacks in all the land.
3. Related: was wearing my delightful HOT PINK leggings while lounging about...and then forgot to put on real pants when I went to grab lunch. (I like to think that brought some small measure of joy to someone out and about in Dallas.)
4. Also related: you know how I used to say you'd pry my leggings out of my cold, dead hands? Well… These majestic caftan thingies can't replace them, but they are going to be supplementing my cozy wardrobe. Just call me the modern Mrs. Roper.
5. Tonight I'm having a total girls night: crazy face mask (that turned my face tin man silver… Yeah… It was so fabulous!!!), deep conditioning my hair, and watching Dirty Dancing*. Gonna drink lots of water and say no to dessert...because I had a burrito the size of my face earlier. #balance
*Did you catch my post about the 30th anniversary of that piece of cinematic greatness? http://alexandrahaughton.com/blog/2017/1/26/dirty-dancing-thirty-years-later