I made a quick and easy dessert tonight. Daddy loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you.
Note: true bakers, just click your browser window closed. I know. That's a terrible thing for a blogger/writer to suggest. But this is SUCH A CHEATER DESSERT.
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 package cream cheese
- 2-3 TBS lemon juice
- 1 jar cherry preserves (kind of a big one with whole cherries) OR cherry pie filling, I guess
- vanilla to taste
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F
- Take cream cheese out of fridge and let soften.
- Lop off 1/4 of the cookie dough roll. Set aside.
- In greased baking pan (9x13ish?) spread remainder of dough, mashing it down until it forms a crust with no holes.
- In a mixing bowl, cream sugar and egg together. Add in vanilla and lemon juice.
- Add softened cream cheese to sugar mixture. Blend until creamy.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over raw sugar cookie dough.
- Dump cherry preserves over cream cheese layer.
- With remaining sugar cookie dough, fleck off bits and pieces on top of cherry stuff.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes. You don't want to over bake, but you don't want the middle to be gooey and jiggly. Just keep an eye on it.
- Cool on counter. Then refrigerate. Eat giant pieces of it and maybe cut the sweetness with some Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream.
Sorry, no photography. Just take Daddy Haughton's word for it: it's sweet and goooood.