This week's #TheYearToBe___ is HAPPY.
When the news is bad (and, my word, when has it not been terrible lately?), it's hard to maintain happiness for a moment, much less an entire week. But this week, I have so much to be happy about.
My parents are healthy and the cutest two people in west Texas. I got to laugh and smile until my cheeks hurt last night when my childhood BFF married a man who is so good to her, for her. I have a book coming out in September, and I have the pleasure of working with three of the most generous, talented women on the face of the earth.
And then there are the little things...
- I ordered room-service breakfast this morning and the potatoes were covered in queso.
- I'm already planning a super-rad nap this afternoon.
- I get to snuggle with a poodle after lunch.
- On the drive back to Dallas this week, I get to listen to more RWA recordings.
- There's a six-and-a-half-week-old baby waiting for me in Dallas and cooler morning temperatures ahead.
What's making you happy today? I'd love to know! (Oh, yeah, I'm also running a giveaway of super fabulous things. Enter and you might be a teeny bit happier.)