It's barely past noon here at Haughton House and I've already done so many badass things, I don't know what to do with myself the rest of the day. (Just kidding. I have lists of lists.) So without further ado...
Five beautiful, badass things for today:
- I just finished updating the HBIC Nation site with specific info on our first Book Club pick: Jen Sincero's YOU ARE A BADASS AT MAKING MONEY. I'm wrapping up my reading this weekend so I can be super fresh for the discussion because we are super pumped to be discussing money, honey in a safe space. Join us 6.7.17 at 7pm Eastern. (More deets here.)
- I'm wrapping up my time here at Haughton House and preparing to go back to Dallas. It's always a little bittersweet. And even though I'm going back with a HUGE intention set to do some Summer Cleaning (spring cleaning is so passé), I'm taking back some treasures from my father's mother's house--including some furniture and super dainty teacups. Now to make space so they don't have to live in storage very long.
- Brownies. Today's list of beautiful things would be incomplete if it didn't include these tiny brownies with buttercream frosting on top that my mom gets at Wal-Mart (I know) and I swear they are made by actual fairies because they are always so light yet dense and rich and fudgy and oooooooh, I'm going to have to grab another one on my tea break.
- Speaking of tea breaks, you should totally take a break and watch/listen to this chat with Julia Kelly about writing romance, the writing process, and I'm not giving away my favorite part of the interview, but I bet you can guess it once you hear it. (And no, it's not Julia's glorious hair; although, I do so enjoy Julia's hair.)
- COVER REVEALS! I'm always beyond giddy when my clients (finally) do a show and tell with their covers. (I've been sitting on these secrets FOR MONTHS.) Take a peek at Alexis Anne and Andie J. Christopher's pretties: